• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

radeon le and hyperz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hduong

I have a radeon le that o/ced @166/166 and I get the same 3dmark 2001 score with hyperz enabled or disabled. I'm using win me, directx 8a and have ran the BM @ both 1280*1024 and 1024*768 @32bit. My score right now for 1024*768 @ 32bit with p3 750 is 2300. whats wrong? is the hyperz disabled all the time or enabled all the time. thanks.

Nobody really knows what the HyperZ buffer does. I think its just a flashy name. Something that ATI threw in to make people go "That sounds cool, I think I'll buy that!" :D

Yeah that what I did, even deleted the keys in the reg and added them in again. Would using only agp 2x be the reason. 2300 seems like an hyperz enable score for a le and 750. I was only getting 1900 with an asus mx400 32mb.

Buh, don't listen to 3dMark. It and the radeon aren't really best friends.

Do a real world kind of bench and you'll definately see the difference.(i.e. Quake 3 )

And you can probably overclock to 183 without problems so you'll have a 32mb DDR.

Zuck, when O/Cing your radeon le, did you add a fan to the passive heat sink or replace with a new heatsink/fan combo. I'm just just using the the stock heatsing with a gobal win CAF12 120mm fan blowing on the card. I just stuck with 166 because I didn't want to overheat the card and also wanted to burn the card in before a little more o/c. it's only a little warm to the touch @166 so I think I can get to 183 no prob. now just got to find a nice 586 fan that I can stick on the heatsink.

Last edited:
I had a 486 fan on it but I noticed I didn't need it so now its just the stock heatsink. It gets hot but its ok.

You'll be fine at 183.

Back