• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tuning your AMD CPU for Gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BeepBeep2 seems to be getting a bit of a bad rep around the AMD forum, which is brought on by the way he replies to topics, there is no doubt that he knows a thing or two but really ! Beep man, take a look at what you are posting and read it back and see if you would like to be replied to in this manner and i would guarantee that you would not. i am not just referring to this particular thread but i have been reading other threads also where this seems to be the case and i think that a bit more of a less aggressive approach when answering topics will gain a lot more respect than just information alone.

Not slating no one here, just a observation i have made over the last few weeks since Beep starting posting over here.
You're right.
I'm used to posting in other forums where stuff isn't...uhh, spread around like it is here.
I was surprised when I came here by the amount of misinformation. It is crazy, because I would have figured that people would have done research and realized that some of this was just plain wrong... :facepalm:

I try my best to be a nice guy, but you can only be nice for so long. I don't really have any clear analogy to compare the situation to, but to say the least, I was absolutely shocked and a little angered by some of the advice and information given to the newcomers around here asking for help...you know, cuz some of it is just plain wrong...it's the type of reaction any of us would get if we walked into a North Korean classroom and saw what the teachers were teaching the kids...

Frakk, and others, I suppose, I apologize for coming off like an absolute a** but I only intend to clear things up around here. I hope you understand that.

I hope you understand also what IMOG and Bobnova were saying too, in my defense,... the way you structured your opinions, "findings", whatever you want to call them, were written as "statement of fact"..."The only reason you would do this is to improve stability when you are doing this and this" ...reason "It seemed smoother." ... not "I found that so and so can help stability when so and so, seemed a little smoother, not sure if it has helped others or not"...which is only a catalyst to my attitude about the stuff/advice being handed out into the community.

Thanks,
Sam

Unbeleavable..... is this on the front page? am i a staff member? do i represent this forum as someone of expertise?

Its one thing for me to say something that is not correct and then for someone to come along and say i'm wrong, disagree and leave it at that

Its quite another for that someone to get pissy, demand i prove my reasoning to him, demand my respect for him and demand i do as he say. there are words for people who think them selves so highly and behave as such.

Its that which reflects very badly on this forum, not inaccuracies, wrong things said by a member, its another member being allowed to behave like a megalomaniac.

Frakk, I think part of why people jumped on this post is that the title and tone of the first post indicate that this is meant to be some sort of definitive tutorial on how to tweak an AMD CPU for the best gaming performance. A title like that would stick out prominently to a newbie looking for a tutorial on how to improve their gaming performance. Someone who googled "tweak AMD CPU gaming performance" and got a link to this post is unlikely to make the distinction and would take your statements as facts without questioning them.

Now I think your benchmarks and findings regarding how CPU<->NB affects performance are very valuable contributions to this community. Had this thread been titled "CPU<->NB link relationship to Gaming performance" and you had stuck to presenting the numbers you empirically observed, I think it would have been well received. I for one did not know that you could get such a significant performance boost from overclocking the NB link alone. I had assumed the processing cores were the bottleneck. So thank you for enlightening me and backing up those assertions with benchmarks.

I also agree that people being condescending reflects badly on this forum. However, people looking for a tutorial are not going to dig deeper than they need to in order to get the information they want-they probably wouldn't see the whole debate. That is why it's so important to have factual information in the first post.

Just my two cents.

Back