• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Congrats *jds* - Gone Red!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would assume the moderators do not want anymore discussions on this topic as the previouse thread was locked, but while we are here, I might add that *jds* now has 386 active CPU's in the last 7 days.

Just as a little tip, usually when discussing a topic that was previousely locked, I generally PM a moderator first before posting. :)

To show sarcasm in a post, I find the rolleyes emoticon works well. Kinda like:

"Great! This CPU throws off 230 thermal watts of heat! I am so happy"

vs.

"Great! This CPU throws off 230 thermal watts of heat! I am so happy :rolleyes: "

See the difference?

I didn't realize that the other thread was locked. I just came on, checked my FAVORITES folder for his stats, and said "Geez... you gotta be kidding! :rolleyes:" and posted it.

Mods: Sorry! You can delete this if you wish. I was just bein' funny (Or trying)

PS: The ******* just passed me and 1VBSeaBee on the stats list! :mad:

Clean_Baldy said:
I didn't realize that the other thread was locked. I just came on, checked my FAVORITES folder for his stats, and said "Geez... you gotta be kidding! :rolleyes:" and posted it.

Mods: Sorry! You can delete this if you wish. I was just bein' funny (Or trying)

PS: The ******* just passed me and 1VBSeaBee on the stats list! :mad:

Ok calm down, its all cool. Not a big mistake, I was just pointing out that if I see another thread is locked and I want to post on the topic, I usually ask a mod, but many people go ahead and post threads anyway.

Who knows, a mod may stumble across this and find it perfectly ok. I don't really see a problem with it other than the mods may not wish to have any other jds threads.

I wouldn't worry about the stats, his stats become powerless to you if you just ignore them ;)

*JDS* got no points as of the last EOC update, so I would assume Stanford has stepped in to regulate the situation.

Mustanley said:
*JDS* got no points as of the last EOC update, so I would assume Stanford has stepped in to regulate the situation.

Ooo...you are right:

production_hour.php

(1VB)Seabee said:
Ah, he is a loser anyways. Wait till Stanford get a hold of those points, they will go away faster than they came.

I hope they aren't too aggressive in the point reduction, as we would not want an insane negative that drags the whole team ranking down with him, but hey, sometimes things just have to be done.

his stats will be next to ZERO anyway if Stanford has their way which is a good idea in the first place. So dont worry about his stats...while it does help the team out points wise, it doesnt help out how others may portray us as a team. That's the reason why it is being dealt with in the first place. The other guy that did this type of thing back in March or whenever got all but like 500 of his points taken away so like AMDocer said....dont worry. He has the points now but they wont be there in the future. :p

kornydeftones said:
his stats will be next to ZERO anyway if Stanford has their way which is a good idea in the first place. So dont worry about his stats...while it does help the team out points wise, it doesnt help out how others may portray us as a team. That's the reason why it is being dealt with in the first place. The other guy that did this type of thing back in March or whenever got all but like 500 of his points taken away so like AMDocer said....dont worry. He has the points now but they wont be there in the future. :p

Great description of it. It does drag down the reputation of our team, and even the entire FAH project when someone does something like this.

Even if they do not correct his points, I still would just ignor it. You know you aren't getting "pwned" by him if you know he cheated to get his stats where they are. I would just ignor his position on the stats completely.

My one concern with the points though, even as points and stats are not a seriouse issue, it would be unfair if his points were set to an extreme negative, like that other guy that was set to -900,000 or something. That would probably count in terms of our team's points as a whole and he would drag us all down with him.

@md0Cer said:
it would be unfair if his points were set to an extreme negative, like that other guy that was set to -900,000 or something. That would probably count in terms of our team's points as a whole and he would drag us all down with him.

You must have misunderstood me. He was set back 90,000. Only those points he aquired by cheating where deducted. He wont go negative, I believe he had around 700-900 points.

(1VB)Seabee said:
You must have misunderstood me. He was set back 90,000. Only those points he aquired by cheating where deducted. He wont go negative, I believe he had around 700-900 points.

Oh I see. I guess it does not matter anymore as his points have already been taken care of. I beleive their method is to send a dud core out to any client that uses that user name and their production stops.

But, right now I will honor N_D's request and leave this alone. The faster we all forget about *jds* the faster everything returns to normal around here. :)

aw but it was fun and sure got the folding forum hoppin! Will we all get to know what happened to this punk??? I want to know if he goes to jail, how old he is, etc etc. Then after that, we can start our OWNED thread. :attn: :D

Well my thread was closed, but some dude said something like "username23 knows about folding and such, but was dumb enough to download a winamp security fix". I only downloaded the files once a bunch of people complained about it. I downloaded it to find out what it was. I mean, the guy had 20 cpus in 2 days? what are you guys questioning!?!??!?!?!??!?! :-/

In fact, i think its a regular here. Someone did it just to watch the mayhem unfold. For ****s and giggles

Last edited:
username23 said:
In fact, i think its a regular here. Someone did it just to watch the mayhem unfold. For ****s and giggles

And you base this on what? Your desire to stir up an argument? How exactly does someone that has been a member for days know what is regular here?

Back