• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant get pop-ups...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

poMONKey

and so what you ask ...

but I need some of them

all pop-up blockers are off... security settings are low

what now?

tia

poMONKey said:
and so what you ask ...

but I need some of them

all pop-up blockers are off... security settings are low

what now?

tia

okay, so what browser, what os, service packs? that might help to start off with.

Assuming you are on SP2 with XP and IE... You should see a bar at the top of your IE windows below the address bar. Clicking there should enable the content to run that was previously being blocked.

It is also possible that you do not have java properly installed or configured, in which case you may not receive certain popups.

i do have xp and SP2 and using IE ( for now )

killed all IE blockers already... how do i install java again if there is a prob with it?

tia

cant seem to get anything to make IE give me pop-ups... downloaded java already from sun's site... installed and nothing...

so i got firefox and all is well ;)
dont know whats happend to IE, but FF works and is better anyway

thanks for all the helpage

p0

Where were you trying to get popups from?

Knowing what type of popups you were tyring to get, might explain why you couldn't get them.

I.M.O.G. said:
Where were you trying to get popups from?

Knowing what type of popups you were tyring to get, might explain why you couldn't get them.

good point... I have an online email client (cuz Im too lazy to configure a local one... some wierd bs from my ISP doesnt let me configure it the "normal" way) and the "compose" link opens up a new window for me to email from.

I have installed the latest java from sun and nothing seemed to change... when I mouse over the link to "compose" it reads - "javascript:void(0)"... dont know whether that has anything to do with it or not....

thanks for the help so far... FireFox lets me do this pop-up window sh*t... so I guess it doesnt matter what IE does...

javascript:void(0) really means the link doesn't go anyway, it more than likely has an onclick="some javascript code" event that does the work.

so is it IE & some security setting that I havent tweaked yet (and Ive tweaked and F'ed with them all), or my ISP's email client code... cuz FireFox works perfectly... I thought it was my ISP's fault or whatever, BUT... once again, this all started after I installed SP2...

thanks for the reply :)

It was a Java+IE issue, not necessarily directly IE. It is not an issue with your ISP.

You may have disabled a java setting in IE... Go to tools>internet options>security>custom level>scripting of java applets and ensure this is set to enable or prompt.

It wasn't clear earlier whether you fully reinstalled java previously or not... That might get IE working again if you want to mess with it.

Back