• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom lighting question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NXT_Computers

Hello all! I'm taking on a new project, as to say i have never done anything quite like this before and i need some advice. A good friend of mine has a daughter who just turned 11, and for christmas she wants to give her a computer of her own. Now my friend had seen one of those cases with the two "bubble" style light tubes up the front of the case, and whats one of them. I've come up with a very cool (we think) design idea for it and im looking for help on implementing it.

The kids favorite color is pink, and i want to build on that. I cant seem to find any 80MM led fans that are pink only, or any cold cathode lights that are pink. I'm thinking for the front bubble tubes i can just replace the little LED's with pink ones. I'm hoping some of you may know where to find pink fans/cathodes. If not, is it possible to just buy a bunch of pink led's and change all the leds on the fans/case to them? Unless i cant find pink cold cathode lights im beat on them.

Thnx,

Steve

the one case we loked at alrdy has the bubble lights on the front. And they are lit by one led at the bottom and one at the top so replacing those with pink ones outta do it. I can get actual pink led's, just trying to find this stuff premade.

I hear in reality most red CCFL's end up looking pink, can't verify as I have a green one but thats what I have heard.

dj_2004 said:
wouldnt a clear fan + pink leds (have to put em in by yourself) = pink fan?

I already said that yes, i could do that. but im trying to find them pre-made.

thnx for some of the ideas guys

Back