• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R9550?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@md0Cer

As I said in this thread: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=338694

I am looking into getting one of these abit r9550 cards with the Vguru voltage adjustments. I have a few questions. The r9550, is offered in two versions with Vguru. One called "Xturbo." From the placing of that on the chart it should be lower than the normal one, but everything seems the same except that it has "FBGA memory."

Can anyone tell me what this is? Thanks.

Also, I noticed this card has a core clock of 250MHz and has four pipelines. If I am not mistaken, the 9600 also has four pipelines and runs at 300 something MHz. Is this 9550 kinda like my 9000 Pro almost? :eek:

Well, this last question I just asked does not matter too much as I can't wait to try out this Vguru and write up a nice review on it. I am going to send in a request to see if I can get a discount on the card for a review and mention of Abit TOMAROW MORNING, so if anyone can help with the FBGA memory thing, that would be great! Thanks in advance!

Thanks! :thup: Ok. I am ordering in a few hours. I guess even though it is in a lower position on the list should I try to get the one with the FBGA memory? Whatever the heck that is...oh well...it is something new I guess.

Last edited:
Back