• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

waisted HS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tenchi86

Ok i recently got a new HS, and my old one is not being used so I started to think. It is excaly the same size all over its flat and the poles that stick up to disburse the heat are all the same. So i was thinking if I cut a square out of this I would have a perfect HS for my NB chip. Right now its not of imprtoance becouse my HS is blowing extra air on NB chip suprisingly keeping it very cool, I was just wondering if this would work and what I could cut this with. I will post specss and pics of my HS i wish to chop up tomorrow. Right now I have no Cell phone to take the pictures with.

Yes I think it will work, no clue what to cut it with, could use a hacksaw but that would be a bit brutal. Not sure how you could hold it down on the NB though.

I to was thinking a hack saw. Just wonder how clean of a cut I cna get with that. For holding it down would like a thermal adheasive work?

Even though the NB chip is cool. Would it hurt to put this HS on it like block the air? I would think it will help pick up the heat then the air can cool off the HS am I wrong?

tenchi86 said:
Even though the NB chip is cool. Would it hurt to put this HS on it like block the air? I would think it will help pick up the heat then the air can cool off the HS am I wrong?

You are not wrong. I think that it would be an excellent idea, So long as it is fastened properly and you use thermally conductive adhesive to secure it with.

Back