• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nice job, mate! supercooling does wonders it seems!

dammit, now if only i could get more voltage outta my mobo...

proze said:
nice job, mate! supercooling does wonders it seems!

dammit, now if only i could get more voltage outta my mobo...

Didden't the voltmod work?

I'm curious to see what's going to happen to all of these 1.2 and 1.4G T-BIRDS purchased during the warm summer months once the weather here in North America turns to winter. I wouldn't be too surprised if more than a few of our members end up with pneumonia trying to take advantage of the lower air temperatures available. (windows open, computers on the porch etc.) It could be interesting.

FRANK said:
I'm curious to see what's going to happen to all of these 1.2 and 1.4G T-BIRDS purchased during the warm summer months once the weather here in North America turns to winter. I wouldn't be too surprised if more than a few of our members end up with pneumonia trying to take advantage of the lower air temperatures available. (windows open, computers on the porch etc.) It could be interesting.

if you guys remember i was know as the man with a PC in the window

i ran my t bird 950 @ 1357 last decimber @ 2.3 volts air cooled
full load temp ........ 46F

it was 9F out side

also seen my ram/mobo/cpu it the mid 160 fsb range with no extra sinks or anything because case temp was ~ 10-20 F

mobo sat @ 17F most of the time

this is with a coolmaster heatsink with a 23 CFM Sunon fan on it

this year....................................i got COPPER and DELTA's

and a T Bird 1200...........................cant wait!!!!!!

FRANK said:

Boy am I glad I live in Wisconsin, the best state.

lucky me!!! the coldest it ever gets in my room is about 15-17C in the middle of the night in mid-winter. it's spring now and it was 26C in my room at 5 in the afternoon. in summer it's well over in my room 30C pretty often, and i'm ocming up for that soon. it's pretty hard to aircool a cpu properly with those ambient temps... :(

heh... I live in Norway, and it's cold here all the time... even if it's summer. Great OC conditions. :) (thou it would be nice with a bit of heat now and then. ;) )

+5v

:rolleyes:
I noticed the +5v reading on the MoboMonitor graphic was REALLY low. (+4.48v) this low readout would not have allowed me to play unreal or any of the other high detail 3-D games I like.
I had MAJOR problems until I got the Antec 412 PSU and did the mod (adjusted to screw) now my 5v is at 5.05v under load.
Maybe that could be cured by getting rid of that Enermax PSU you used for the test, however the the rest of the results looked pretty cool!

His memory scores also looked low because he wasnt comparing them to other pc133 memory machines.

Back