• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

changing vcore/cpu voltage with ga-7nnxp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey....enter bios on boot and then hit Ctrl-F1 wich will open up the advanced settings in bios........way you go! :santa:

yeah, i know that - but what is the difference between all the power modifications available in the bios, thats what confuses me.

somethings you can define (like 1.75 V or other stuff) but other stuff says increaase in increments of .10% and stuff... Can i simply raise my vcore to an exact voltage?

Short answer is NO. Get something like MBM5 or speedfan software to see what your actual voltage is then increase in the bios by 5% - 7.5% - or 10% and then see what readings you get. I get no change using the 5% but it does go up using 7.5 or 10%. you may also find that your motherboard undervolts my mobo shows my defaualt at 1.51v using speedfan when the default stock is 1.65v. I had to do a volt mod to get my current voltage as adding 10% only increased it to stock. Hope this helps.

Back