• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

look ma, no case!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I found that a few years ago when I was invited to my first LAN party a week before it was scheduled. It's one of the things that got me into case modding, since I was very interested in doing anything and everything odd or cool to a computer :)

Personally, I kinda like it. puffy cloud like, and very creative, as koss says.

personally i like it because it reminds me that you don't need to arrange a case in the traditional way

Wow, that's awesome!! It's butt ugly and probably very insulative (did I just create a new word?) but he definitely gets an :thup:A+ for creativity and uniqueness!! It's such an old system though that it probably doesn't generate enough heat to cause problems but even still he does have some air being moved around inside it (of course all i see is an intake and not an outake so I don't know how much good it's doing, better than nothing I guess :rolleyes: ). I'd never do it to my hardware but at least he thought of something nobody else has done (to my knowledge).

SnowRider said:
Wow, that's awesome!! It's butt ugly and probably very insulative (did I just create a new word?) ....outake...

Now you created a new word ;)

My first computer was a bunch of parts ziptied to the inside of milk crate. Just as portable but better ventilation. Possibly uglier too unless you're into the whole form follows function thing.

It looks like a pile of ****. Creative but in a crappy kind of way. Next time may as well build a PC and put it in the attic and have the cables run through the ceiling down to your desk. It would run about as cool.

man, that OLD!! First of all, that is Serious sam: FIRST encounter in it(so old you can't find it anyware, i've tried :p)
And is that an old attempt at dual video card preformace add-on? (heard about that when the world still used PCI for video cards...)

what a waste of time and money...

i hate it and besides he should have at least put in like a 600 p3 or anything other than a 200 mmx... :bang head

i think its INCREDIBLE, at least the 1st time i saw it. It very very original. I mean most people here mod their PCs by putting in a window and some lights, and wire sleeving, same exact thing over, and over and over. Maybe PCs dont have to be perfectly organized, all rectangular and neat ???

sunrunner20 said:
man, that OLD!! First of all, that is Serious sam: FIRST encounter in it(so old you can't find it anyware, i've tried :p)

still hanging around in the bargin bins down here (New Zealand)

i think he could've used less insulation..or maybe tried to make it look better..

Back