• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800 ULTRA for $499 until 10pm 11/13

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion25

Folding in memory of my dads, Tim B. & Mike B.
Monarch has the EVGA 6800 ultra for $499 with free shipping on a 24 hour sale that ends at 10:00pm EST on 11/13/04.

LINK

AkuraII said:
its sad when posting in the cyber deals section are retail priced things :( damn overpriced hardware
Definately agree with that. I can't wait 'till these things fall in price a little. Speaking of which, is there any anticipated drop? Maybe before the holidays?

Why bother paying for an Ultra when the right GT cards get those speeds anyways? Buy a Gainward and have no worries, if it doesn't run Ultra speeds rma it.

wow thats excellent. im going to buy a card, but since it doesn't overclock, im going to rma it :rolleyes:

because the ultra overclocks a lot higher than gts...
they have 1.6ns ram, better cores, and two molexes (higher vgpu)

rmaing something because it won't overclock high is not right

indeed, especially something as powerful as a 6800gt at stock. its no ultra, but its still damn good. Doesnt hold a candle to my ultra beyond Ultra Extreme speeds though :D

crimedog said:
because the ultra overclocks a lot higher than gts...
they have 1.6ns ram, better cores, and two molexes (higher vgpu)

rmaing something because it won't overclock high is not right

I don't think it would even work. Nvidia isn't jsut going to assume it doesn't work, they're going to test it, and find it works.

Huge companies weren't born yesterday.

Returning it to Best Buy or something isn't really wrong either. The card will still get sold again.

stan03 said:
wow thats excellent. im going to buy a card, but since it doesn't overclock, im going to rma it :rolleyes:

wannaoc should have been more specific. What he meant was getting the Gainward Golden sample 6800GT, not just a regular 6800GT from gainward.

For your information, Gainward to provide warranty to the golden sample to run at Ultra spec. In fact, they guarantee that it will run at ultra spec. If it doesn't, you can RMA it for one that does.

Anyway..... I think lots of sites are selling the Ultra version for less than $550 now. I am very sure prices will go down even more.

I am hoping that by next Feburary, there will be a SLI mobo, and then I can start building my new rig...

Back