• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with chipset drivers nf7sv2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

axhed

fresh install of xppro, installed drivers that came with brand new retail nf7s v2. all of the sudden, started getting many messages that "windows has recovered from a serious error," explorer would randomly shut down, and had many problems downloading and installing cat drivers and such. so what did i do amidst all this instability? i tried using flashmenu to get a new bios through winxp... i know i know.... it locked up while saving the old bios and i had to start all over from scratch.

so anyway.... the last time i downloaded the new chipset drivers from abit (after installing the ones from the cd,) it just extracted them to a folder, without really doing any kind of install. it got them all on the hd, but didn't appear to tell winxp where to find them or anything. just wondering if that's the way it's supposed to go or if i'm missing something...

have you doenloaded them from nvidia themself ?

if not here is the latest driver out ..

Nvidia
make sure youre not overclocking and your system is running stable .. install
the bew bios if still need be and install these drivers..

Last edited:
i got the ones from the abit website. currently running abit bios 25. there were so many custom bioses out there i decided to just go with an official one off the bat.
i'll grab the ones from nvidia.

i think that link points to the latest nvidia video drivers, i'm grabbing forceware 5.10

Back