• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ddr2 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

what ddr2 to get ?? im building my new system and it looks like im gonna have to upgrade to some ddr2 ?? any recommendations .. thanks

The Crucial PC2-4200 seems to be a good bargain. The Ballistix looks good if you want PC2-5300. The ultimate for timings (and most expensive) is the OCZ Platinum Enhanced Bandwidth Revision 2 Limited Edition. It's the only DDR2 rated 3-2-2-8 (that's tight timings for DDR2). A lot of the regular DDR2 is rated 4-4-4-12.

yeah that ocz stuff is really pricey ... 215 for 512 and 425 for 1gb .. i guess i could settle for 512 and get another stick down the road

well you would lose alot of bandwidth if you did that since it wouldn't be dual channel.

i am ordering the crucial pc4200 batboy mentioned. looks to be as good as any (except the OCZ) and its the cheapest of the bunch as well at only 275 for a gig instead of 430 for the OCZ.

Maxvla said:
well you would lose alot of bandwidth if you did that since it wouldn't be dual channel.

i am ordering the crucial pc4200 batboy mentioned. looks to be as good as any (except the OCZ) and its the cheapest of the bunch as well at only 275 for a gig instead of 430 for the OCZ.

i think max is right, untill ddr2 really gets going to the higher frequencies, alot of the ddr2 users are getting 667/733 out of the crucial stuff right now. the main reason i think is that the ddr2 is ahead of the chipsets and there really isnt one out to tax it to the limit yet..

so u guys think crucial is better .. im just aiming for a good overclock .. so i wanna make sure my ram isnt the weakest link

Back