• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus MB I want

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well i hope it will be available for a reasonable price were talking like less then 150$ do you got a guess on how much approx it would go for?

There's a thread here about it i think in the Asus Mb section.... try something like $350!!

This mb will cost about $250-$300usd. The only thing I cannot understand why all the pcie1x connectors are under the sli cards. How can you get to them. THe dfi board as only one pcie1x under the sli.
THanks

i cant see it being that much either but who knows its a new technology they might get away with it for a little bit..

man thats a little out of my price range i was thinking nothing more then 160 for a board...but ty

SLI Mode is a special way to run two matched video cards at once.
If you hvae a single video card this question does not arise. You cannot disable SLI mode if you are running 2 VC's.

If you guys dont mind, I have two questions. Is this board right now the best sli board, there is also Abit and Dfi. Is it only good for sli, or does it got some solid overclocking and etc for the amd 64. Also I still cant get that layout with the pci 1x in between the two pci x16.
Thanks

Not many people have it yet so we have to wait for data to trickle in. I'd be really tempted to go with DFI, given their track record as being an OC'ers dream.
Thanks for a head's up on the DFI :D

Edit*** The board is not listed on the DFI website.
I think he was referring to a future possibility.
A DFI S939 board isn't available yet.

Last edited:
I want this board soooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad it's not even funny. I finally have 3grand in the bank and the only thing I've bothered ordering for my new rig is the Case ! (Antec Performance Plus 1000AMG). No point ordering the CPU, vid card, HDD's etc etc if they are gonna be sitting around for 2 weeks unused.....
From what I've read on vendors, they board will be availble to most by next week (20th Dec)...and I go on holiday the 26th...omg ! So by time time I can buy the board and use it (and come back from holiday), it'll be 6th Jan 2005 ! ARGH !!!!!!

I personally Love this board .. not the best overclocker but it's as stable as a rock. Performance is relatively nice as well especially with the twin 6600's :)
I picked it up from Zipzoom for ~200$ a few weeks ago.

i was going to get this board for my new computer but i got my old one back so ill wait now untill sli gets a little more reasonable in price to upgrade until then i guess im stuck with agp

Just a correction.

Super Nade said:
SLI Mode is a special way to run two matched video cards at once.
If you hvae a single video card this question does not arise. You cannot disable SLI mode if you are running 2 VC's.

I have this board I recieved it on the 28th of december. It is a fantastic board and have not had one hiccup since it's been online.

You can disable SLI mode if running 2 video cards. In fact you can run 4 monitors off of when SLI is turned off. I am running 2 6800 GT's on mine.

If you run SLI mode you can only run 1 monitor.

I also ran Prime 05 Torture test on it for 48 hours and it ran flawlessly.

Here is what I am running:

Windows XP Pro SP1a (SP2 not recommended yet blue screens machine when closing programs)

AMD Athlon64 Processor 3200+ 2.0 GHz 90nm Winchester Core
AMD fan that came with processor

ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE PCI-EXPRESS (NVIDIA NfORCE4 SLI) $275 at newegg

(x2)-MSI NX6800'S PCI-EXPRESS/16X (NVIDIA GeForce 6800)
Chipset/Core Speed: 325MHz
Memory/Effective Speed: 256MB DDR/700MHz
256MB on each
67.02 NVIDIA Drivers

2.00 GB PC3200 DDR400 ram
(x2-512 Mushkin Blackline)
(x2-512 Corsair XMS TwinX)

80GB Seagate Baracuda SATA II 7200.7 Primary
100GB WD 8MB cache ATA 100
80GB Seagate Bacauda ATA 100 7200.7

Lite-on DVD-CD/RW-CD-rom 48X
Aspire 500w pwr supply