• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Serious issues with my pc.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dougan

So my computer freaked, first it started rebooting randomly so im thinking PS, but at the same time I was looking in the case checking things out and tweaked the input where the monitor connects to the onboard video. Anyways, so I thought maybe that was the problem so I restarted the computer jiggled the connection and whala it comes on. Then the PS just started smoking, (not good I thought), so I replaced it. So when I did this the computer fans run no post tho. So Im thinking I must have f*cked the mobo because of the tweak on the onboard video so I replace it with a new one, but still no post no nothing just fans coming on lights the whole nine yards just no post. Anyone have any ideas before I just start replacing things. Thanks a ton!

Leave it on for a few more....then try and see if anything smells fishy. If the motherboard's smoked, normally the component that's been surge-fused together will start to burn.

Your board should have the audio error reporting. Plug some speakers into your onboard audio and listen when you hit the power button. It will usually tell you what the problem is.

Aside from that...remove everything but board and cpu. try to get a bios beep or something...anything. if you can get that, start adding items one at a time until you cant boot. The last item you put in broke the bank. Make all your drives the last things.

To even attempt a post, you'll need to leave the CPU, RAM and video installed. Not quite sure from your first post, but did you mean you replaced the mobo, or video? If the mobo, you may have fried your RAM or CPU.

I replaced the mobo so im thinking maybe its the ram or cpu.

Best way to find out is if you have a friend locally with a similar rig to let you test components. Most of the time, if you go to a repair shop the cost ends up more than replacing the parts yourself.

Back