• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how good is this Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
iNterBeiNg said:
hmm... doesnt look too great if it needs 3.2 volts to run 2-2-2 at 400 mhz.

You haven't been reading any new threads lately, have you?

That ram at excaliber, which just went on sale today, is the subject of this thread here in the Memory section, as well as threads at several of the other forums.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=344499

It will not run very well at "normal" voltages, but when given enough juice (3.4v-3.6v) it is capable of running 250-260 with 2-2-2-10 timings. It does better with the A64 rigs than Intel. With Intel the range is more like 230-240.

I see, interesting, I didnt know that it could keep those timings when getting up to speeds of 250-260. In that case it is pretty damn good. You're gonna want an ocz booster or have a motherboard with a wide range of voltage options to make use of it though. Most motherboards only go up to 2.9 so unless you have a means of getting that extra voltage to the memory I would say its a waste, no point in getting it if you don't have enough voltage to help it realize its potential.

here is specs
wow would this ram do on this rig
Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200PRO

Microsoft Windows Xp pro
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 939
SI "K8N Neo2 Platinum" NVIDIA nForce3 ULTRA
Thermalright XP-90 P4/K8 Heatsink
Fortron 530W Power Supply

Seagate 80GB 7200RPM IDE
"CA-SIDEWINDER-K"
RADEON 9800 128MB

Last edited:
Back