• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer not powering after new Hardware

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Intern

Registered
I bought a new 120gb maxtor HD yesterday and I was thinking of a way to install three HD into my computer. My IDE cables only support 2 connections so my secondarys were plugged in through those. Then I plugged the Serial to ATA converter that came with the NF7 and plugged it in like in the instructions. It powered up and then it wouldt load windows.

I tried a reboot, but then the powers up. I get the red led glowing so the MB must be getting power right? I tried just hooking up the 120gb and see if that helps but nothing shows up still.

Problem: Computer does not power up. Get no post beeps.

Tried: Rebooting, clear CMOS, taking out battery and putting it back in after a while.

It looks like I only post when I have a problem, sorry. But I still read the forums =).
Thanks

hmm... I vote remove the harddrive that caused the problem to start with and see if it works. If it does you at least know for sure what the problem is.

not posting at all is very strange for something like this. What is your powersupply? maby the new harddrive broke the camels back and the powersupply just can't take the system anymore.

matttheniceguy said:
hmm... I vote remove the harddrive that caused the problem to start with and see if it works. If it does you at least know for sure what the problem is.

not posting at all is very strange for something like this. What is your powersupply? maby the new harddrive broke the camels back and the powersupply just can't take the system anymore.

yeah this is a for sure thing to do sounds like a PSU problem... but just incase you might wanna try finding a new BIOS... cuz it sounds like your runnin a stock bios on a Nf7-S which are often flaky without an updated bios.

Back