• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hows my ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bboy_Jon

Ok well this is the ram i have

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-219&depa=1

im gonna be getting another stick soon. I got this ram because alot of you people here recomended it and people from other forums too

ANyways if you read the reviews, theres alot of good in em. Im trying to convince my friend that the ram isnt all that bad. He keeps saying it sucks and crap, but for how much it costs its not bad at all imo (course this is the only ram ive ever boughten lol)

But ya how is it? im running 2.5-3-3-6 timings (havent tried any lower, what should i try?) and im running my fsb at 219 with a locked 10.5 multi, its 2299.5 mhz LOL not even 3, but its detected as 3, id oc higher if i could but my super locked cpu wont let me, could be my psu but i dunno

my ram wouldnt be holding my oc back would it? cuz thats what my friend keeps saying.

So ya is this ram pretty decent or what? is it as bad as my friend says it is?

nickmckay said:
its not bad, but its also not the best memory. FOr that price its hard to beat

ya thats what ive been trying to tell him

i say sure its not the best, but for how much it costs, what can you expect? :beer:

what timings should i try?

That's the same RAM I have. I have no complaints about the ram. I got my 1.6ghz duron up to 2ghz with a cas setting of 2 not the rated 2.5...so that is good. I could probably get a lot more out of the ram, but my cpu is multi locked.

ya im sure i could get more outta my cpu if it wasnt locked.

so what timings? 2.5-3-3- number lower than 6

or 2.5-lower than 3-lower than 3-6

or 2-3-3-6 or something? what?

Back