• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Star Ice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quattro

Has anyone actually tried one of these?
If so can I have some feedback please.

If your wondering what I talking about.

Asus_StarIce.jpg

Look at that thing. It'll rip your CPU socket right out of the MB. :eh?:

lol...

That's why I'm asking has anyone tried one.
I hope the fans adjustable.

Technically I think you are right, but I'm not at all convinced that Asus actually manufactures this unit.
The mounting hardware looks identical to that used by Aerocool for the HT series coolers, so Asus may just be rebranding this thing.

http://www.asus.com/products/pccomponents/cooler/gaming/starice/overview.htm#

If you view the flash demo, you can add a 2nd fan to the exit air, and use any fan you choose. It looks like it takes a 80mm fan.

If I were to air cool, I'd stick with a Thermaright XP-120, Xp-90, SL-948u or a SLK-947u

These are tried and true performers, that Asus heatsink looks like it belongs in a womens hair salon, and it's more than a Thermalright at $49.99 us dollars :-/

I think it looks cool and very different to every other cooler on the market.
I don't think the XP-120 will fit in my case with my MSI K8N, and the XP-90 doesn't look particulary impressive (I've never seen one in a pc though), I'm going to look into it.

If I find I can fit a XP-120 I shall get that, if not I'll see if this will fit.

That thing looks great. You could slap a tornado in there, cut a hole in the back of your case, add some wheels, and race it across the room.

garste said:
That thing looks great. You could slap a tornado in there, cut a hole in the back of your case, add some wheels, and race it across the room.

Yeah, then we could see who really has the fastest computer.

Okay then..
I think I'll get one. But I might get an Star Ice anyway just to play with it in a few months.

Thanks for your help.
Now what fan is good for XP-120?
I don't have a fan controller yet, but noise doesn't bother me. I have several decent 2.1 speakers on my pc and Logitech Z2200 as my main ones, so I can't hear my pc anyay.

Back