• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ slowing down...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

murrayman

Hey guys...it's been half a year since I've been on here and I'm beginning to have the same problems that I had with the system I had a year ago...

I used to have a AMD Athlon XP 1700+ a year ago that started to have trouble overclocking. I can't remember the specs or anything, but I remember that at the most common OC setting most people had at the time, programs started to run in slow-motion. I let it run at the OC'd setting until it wouldn't boot up anymore. I started to step down a notch on the OCing settings for a few months...I kept stepping down as it kept not wanting to boot up after running at a certain clock speed for about a week. As time went on...I finally stepped down to the stock speed...and only after a week, I had to UNDERCLOCK the CPU just to get it to work!!!

Well, the same thing is happening to my mobile 2500+. I had it OC'd to 2330 and I've stepped down 3 times down to 2130. Why does this keep happening to my CPU's??? :mad: I have a Thermaltake Xaster 7+ running at 5200RPM's with good silver compound, and I'm not having any heat trouble what so ever. Yet it keeps having a problem running OC'd for about a week. So I clock it down just a step each week whenever it won't boot up anymore. What is causing this to happen to my 2ND SYSTEM??????

de ja vu...................... :cry:

My 2600+ seemed to be losing it's max overclock, and temps didnt look too bad, but when I re-applied thermal paste it went back and worked perfectly. Dont trust motherboard readings on your temps. Btw what voltage are you running that chip at?

Wait, hold on, programs started to run in slow motion? What the hecK? Sounds like spyware/virus more than a cpu at first glance. When was the last time you reformatted?

Whoa, lol, wait a second. Yes I am going to format soon, and yes it may be that. HAHA, thanks for reminding me.

But I don't think that would affect my OC settings???

And oh yea, VCore is running at 1.45V

murrayman said:
Whoa, lol, wait a second. Yes I am going to format soon, and yes it may be that. HAHA, thanks for reminding me.

But I don't think that would affect my OC settings???

And oh yea, VCore is running at 1.45V

Whooaaa....how did you get it to run 2.3ghz on 1.45V?!? I have to use 1.7V :(

yes increase your voltage,try 1.65 to start with,this will not hurt your system in anyway,try it it will be more stable,run adaware also to git rid of any spyware.

Back