• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best amd64 to oc? and motherboard to use...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unreal

Registered
looking for a friend a grreat cpu to oc, i like amd myself, and need a m/b that does lock agp/pci, also he has hyperx pc3200 2-2-2-5 ram....

and an ocz booster for the ram if it is bh-5!!
939 is the way to go like savagebasher posted above.

Aragorn Elessar said:
Which 939? Winchester or Newcastle?

As shown by the results of this post, among other threads,
939 Winchester, NewCastle
Winchester 939 is preferred over 939 NewCastle currently.

For further details about the reasoning:
Low PR 90 nm 939 Winchester (Sept 2004)

As of today, a 3200+ Winchester (week 0444 or after), MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum Nforce3 Ultra 939 motherboard, TCCD based memory modules form a good price-performance AGP based A64 system, have good chance reaching 2.6 GHz or more, 260+ memory frequency, 2.5-3/4-3/4-x 1T. A 3000+ Winchester can also be considered for budget reason (read the above post for Winchester 3000+ vs 3200+).

If planning for a PCI-e system, then should wait a little longer until good PCI-e based Nforce4 motherboards are becoming widely available.

nah he has a 9700 pro, and will stick with it for awhile, thx for the help, my other friend got a neo2 also i had him by, a 3000 939 also, from monarch i believe, with that neo2 board, ill look for the specs on the 3000 chip for my oc friend. any sites actually say which core it is and version?

Back