• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 1066 have you?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZGOZZ

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-116-189&depa=0

Just would like to know if anybody wen this way yet?
If so was it worth the money you laid out?

Intel Pentium 4 EE/ 3.46 GHz Extreme Edition 1066MHz FSB, 2MB L3 Cache, w/ Hyper Threading Technology - Retail

Model# BX80532PH3460FS
Specification
Model: Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition
Operating Frequency: 3.46GHz
FSB: 1066MHz
Cache: L2/512K; L3/ 2MB
Voltage: 1.525V
Process: 0.13Micron
Socket: Socket T(LGA 775)
Multimedia Instruction: MMX, SSE, SSE2
Warranty: 3-year MFG
Packaging: Retail(with Heatsink and Fan)

yeah, but i wouldnt mind having one. i dunno what i would do with it. id prob be afraid to OC it... :eh?:

For that much, i would wait to buy me a dual dual core Xeon in '06. $1100 is alot for a processor

I read a review that clearly showed 1066FSB isn't doing anything for this CPU compared to a 3.4EE 800FSB. And this has 2MB L3, but 2MB L2 and 1066FSB is going to be standard for regular P4's soon, so...

i have a 3.0 P4 @ 4.00 running a 1069 FSB - $160 processor gets me what a P4EE would, plus a higher clock speed

not worth it - the most cash i'll shell out will be for a 360J

Last edited:
Lancelot said:
I read a review that clearly showed 1066FSB isn't doing anything for this CPU compared to a 3.4EE 800FSB. And this has 2MB L3, but 2MB L2 and 1066FSB is going to be standard for regular P4's soon, so...
thats because the 2 MB of L3 cache speeds up access to ram..and initial benchmarks of the 6xx Pentium 4 is somewhat depressing

This is what i wanted to know. I have someone who wants to build using it, if there is no diffrence between one with 1066 or 800 why not just go with the 800FSB.

No offense, but dual core chips will initially be slower than single-core processors for quite some time. This not only applies to Intel, but AMD as well. More importantly, dual core processors will require that applications/games/etc be coded to take advantage of a multi-threaded design. Therefore, it will be even longer before we see dual core processors in the hand of the average enthusiast. So your best bet is to upgrade to a single-core design. And for the record, the P4EE is overpriced and offers little of a performance incentive compared to an Athlon 64 or P4 3.2-3.4 LGA 755. Your best bet is to stick with those.

deception``

Sentential said:
The day I pay a grand for a CPu is the day hell freezes over

Well with the heat that will come off that baby you would need hell to freeze over...

DustinE said:
Well with the heat that will come off that baby you would need hell to freeze over...

Actually the 3.46 EE is based on the Gallatin core, which is essentially a Northwood with more cache. It runs no hotter than a Northwood, which isn't hot at all.

Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 1066 have you?

Like Yoda you talk.
lol.gif

SolidxSnake said:
waste of money, P4EE is just a crappier Xeon...like how a celeron is like a crappier pentium
its a better Xeon. It was based on the Galitan core or the Xeon MP which currently only has a 400 MHz shared bus. So the Pentium 4EE is actually better then the Xeon MP. Also, Xeon is built on the Pentium...

Back