• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good cheap case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cx323

I'm looking to buy a new computer case and i want to keep it under $50 shipped. I want the case to have good airflow and it doesn't need a psu becasue i have a 530w forton. so far i am looking at this one but i'm not sure how sturdy it would be and i move my case around a lot. any reccomendations are welcome. thx

I'd watch out for the "cheap" cases. I got a 40$ dollar one thinking it would have been made out of decent material. But when I got it, it was flimsy and that made me sad:(. So If you find out its decent material go for it. Good luck.

Peace

it's 0.7mm SECC Steel. is that ok? i don't really know much about case materials. and do you have any reccomendations?

Last edited:
Chemmingways are good, I have one. Built like a tank, although mine is the full desktop type. I have also had the silver version of the one cx323 mentioned. It's currently residing at my grandmother's, as her main (and only) box. It's an alright case, but it's pretty weak. Also, the window scratches like nothing.
This I also happen to own. It's a pretty sturdy case, and for $16 shipped (US) you can't beat the price. The only problem I have with it it, the USB forwarding cables are all seperate, insted of a single plug like some companies do. Bit of a pain to use it (I use mine for a fileserver, so I could care less about easy acess to USB).
They also have a couple more cases for $16. #1 and #2.

Buy a Chenming (Chieftec/Antec/and several others who puts their name on them).

Great Case built rugged and stand up to a beating/modding. Great price as well.

Have built several rigs with this $46 (w/ship) Max Top case:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-150-017&depa=0

Comes with two 92mm fans and pop out Motherboard tray. Doesn't feel flimsy. :D

slacker607 said:
Product total: $35.00
Shipping & Handling: $ 30.66
Total (Before tax): $65.66

newegg sucks

Not everyone has to pay tax & where did you get $14.97 handling?

Product total: $35.00
Shipping : $ 15.99
Total (no tax): 50.99

newegg rox :p

Last edited:
I 2nd the antec case for 40 bucks, it has a 350watts antec PSU, the PSU costs roughly 30 to 40 bucks, the case is better than the chemming version that's shown on newegg for 50, I'm using it rite now and it's quiet, i stack 1 DVD burner and 3 HDD in there, good airflow, i think it's a good buy :) (btw it has a duct on the side which i modify a little, help out my temp too :)

I just noticed that the antec comes with a 120mm fan.

You are not going to find that good of a fan in any other case in the price range.

Antec is very good quality.

The antec is okay but it's a bit cramped for space. In terms of build quaility, the antec are okay, but nothing to write home about. The antec mentioned in the above posts actually shares the exact same chassis as the aspire x-sonic.

Back