• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

duel computers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gunther

Hello, first time poster here. I am wondering how you would connect one mouse to control two seperate computers? I've herd that it can be done with a "blue tube mouse" I dont know if it is any different from a regular mouse, I looked it up on google, it didnt show any pictures, just a button to buy them lol. Anyways I am wondering if there is a tutorial anywere that would explain to me how to do this?

you need a KVM switch.. then you can plug 1 keyboard, monitor and mouse to 2 computers, and control each with a switch

i guess a blueTOOTH mouse could control 2 comps at the same time if they both have recievers plugged in. same with any wireless mouse tho. i reccomend a KVM switch tho (keyboard video mouse) if you want to use 2 computers with one set of KB mouse and monitor. i use one to switch between my main comp and my server, works liek a charm. as above, i jsut have to hit scroll lock twice then up or down or the numbers 1 or 2.

four4875 said:
i guess a blueTOOTH mouse could control 2 comps at the same time if they both have recievers plugged in. same with any wireless mouse tho. i reccomend a KVM switch tho (keyboard video mouse) if you want to use 2 computers with one set of KB mouse and monitor. i use one to switch between my main comp and my server, works liek a charm. as above, i jsut have to hit scroll lock twice then up or down or the numbers 1 or 2.

they would have to run on seprate frequencies..... to seperate each computer and not interfere with one another

Yeah, my bad on the blue tube, just a laps of memory I guess, anyways thanks for your replies, the only other question I would have, is how would I set seperate frequencies, and what exactly does it mean to do so?

Gunther said:
Yeah, my bad on the blue tube, just a laps of memory I guess, anyways thanks for your replies, the only other question I would have, is how would I set seperate frequencies, and what exactly does it mean to do so?

i dont beleive you can - aswell i dont think you can buy JUST the receiver that plugs into your computer - you need to buy the mouse / keyboard with it - your best bet is a KVM switch.

celeron648fx said:
Buy another mouse? $5 dude
But then you need a new monitor, new mouse, and wutcha know, new speakers and what not. More than $5, expecially when you need to buy a new desk to fit everything.

Back