• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best fan for OC....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zmogus

Registered
Could you guys suggest what is the best fan for OC a Cpu...?But i don't meen a company or a model (well.. write that too) but the characteristics that it has to have for OC... If your gona suggest models please make it a less pricy,but still having the performance...Thanks:)

first things first, how much noise can you stand? if you really don't care about noise get high volume fans like Deltas and tornados. beware though, these fans are loud! realistically if you were to get one of those i would have to reccomend a fan controller to accompany it.

there are quiet models of fans available however you asked for the best fans for o'cing and therefore cooling.

rule of thumb for the un-initiated is that a larger fan usually pushes more air for the same volume. ie: 80<92<120mm.

once you tell us how much noise you can handle we can give you more detailed advice...

subtotal said:
first things first, how much noise can you stand? if you really don't care about noise get high volume fans like Deltas and tornados. beware though, these fans are loud!
Yea I was gonna mention that as well. Really cant think of what you are looking for unless you give us some idea:D

The loudest fans are around 55-60 dBA to put that in laymens terms about as loud as a normal conversation. You know how you can hear people talk in the other room. Well you can hear my 190 CFM delta in the other room as well.

The best OC fans have high pressure and Good CFM.

a thicker fan 38mm will generally give you more pressure and CFM then a 25mm in the same size (80,92,120 mm)

Well i can stand the kick *** rock sounds in a small room so i bet i could handle it... But non the less i would prefer a bit quieter stuff... But on the other hand whatever is best for oc... So... :attn:

Well to give you a better idea of what i'm doing i'll tell you that i would like to Oc a Athlon 2000+....Currently i'm runing a 80x80x25mm cooler with a 3000rpm and a 34.75CFM... Temps are strange... 40C solid... Like,i play a game and it's still on a 40C tempreture...

Delta fans with symbols ending with HE are pretty nasty - push tons of air, but will hurt your ears; they can run undervolted tho. Other fans worth considering are by Mechatronic and Sanyo Denki.

1 word

TORNATO :thup:

But only if you dont mind alittle noise...

If you buy 4 tornato's and and mount them in the top of ur case next to eachother blowing out wards you can stop all other case fans that are blowing out...and also if u blow up a ballon and place it about the fans it HOVERS...(My mate owns a computer shop and was mucking around with it www.hardwarecentral.com.au (australia shipping only I think)

I dont recoment using more then 1 tornato...for two reasons...
reason 1.noise of 1 is enough to keep you awake (serious problem if u sleep with ur computer in ur room and leave it on)
reason 2. They have 80 CFM which is quite powerfull over double what my normal case fans do...so they might loose RPM depending on where ur tornato is ...

lol crazy crazy fans....

Ok but... What about something simpler.?Couse i live in a little country called Lithuania.. I don't think i've heard of these coolers... So maybe something like Titan,Spire,Asus,coolermaster or other... Something that i can look in to..

And if you don't have anything else to do.. Can you tell me if it's worth buying a Titan turbine fan panel?It's sort of a new tech stuff... It's an exaust turbine with is placed in the front 5.25 panel... Has a 100CFM..

doesnt sound bad but make sure it goes the same direction your airflow is in. Umm I got a coolermaster JET4 Turbind cpu cooler does an ok job but I dont think thats what you'll want Turbind. Tornato is just a 92 or 80 mm case fan that Vantec make...Vantec are a common brand im sure you'll find one if u look...But like I said 1 it has a noise factor but it would probably do the trick

Its got a CFM of 80 and it Rotates about 5700 a minute or 5700 RPM...

Im not the guru on cooling or anything the others probably know more then me so get some of there advice before rushing out to get something I recomend.

Zmogus said:
And if you don't have anything else to do.. Can you tell me if it's worth buying a Titan turbine fan panel?It's sort of a new tech stuff... It's an exaust turbine with is placed in the front 5.25 panel... Has a 100CFM..

Do you have a link for it. 100 CFM in a 5.25 bay!? Hmm I would like to see it.

Electron Chaser said:
Do you have a link for it. 100 CFM in a 5.25 bay!? Hmm I would like to see it.

This thing was by Evercool if I remember correctly, and was discussed here a few days ago.
It seems to be total crap. (it's blower, but not centrifugal, and they say 100CFM @ 23dB or something like that; what is more funny - only around half of 5,25" panel is used, and you just know that there's no way it can perfrom like they say; as they lie so seriously, performance can be just any, including close to none)

Well i don't really know if it's crap or not but the numbers are interesting... By the way..Noo... It's not Evercool.It's a Titan.You can find the specs on www.titan-cd.com.TITAN TURBINE FAN PANEL 5.25" SPEED CONT TTC-SC04... Have a look and tell me what you think... And about that cpu cooler.. You know.. I actually haven't seen any coolers that are 80CFM in lithuania... Maybe i haven't looked enough but haven't seen coolers of that power... Maybe you can tell me a sort of a site for ordering coolers of that tipe.. Better without no delivery payment.. :)

For me it looks 100% identicial with Evercool (Evercool == Titan ?).
Data on manufaturer's site looks really bad, and that's why:
1. 100CFM @ <28dB, with so tiny hole it's hardly possible (even forgetting blower)
2. 100CFM @ 1.56W - hmm efficient beast?
3. max static pressure - 0mm H20 - omg, I got clogged :), I think that's not to tell that this blower can't push these 100CFM, as according to datasheet, it would need to it some negative pressure :D
4. bah, even dimensions are bad - total lenght 149mm, blower of 145

Ok, that's enough. Anyway if somone still can get one and would like to test, it would be cool, and if proves this cooler performance to exist not only in datasheet - big props.

Zmogus said:
Well i don't really know if it's crap or not but the numbers are interesting... By the way..Noo... It's not Evercool.It's a Titan.You can find the specs on www.titan-cd.com.TITAN TURBINE FAN PANEL 5.25" SPEED CONT TTC-SC04... Have a look and tell me what you think... And about that cpu cooler.. You know.. I actually haven't seen any coolers that are 80CFM in lithuania... Maybe i haven't looked enough but haven't seen coolers of that power... Maybe you can tell me a sort of a site for ordering coolers of that tipe.. Better without no delivery payment.. :)

I cannot open the link :-(

Back