• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G Dead

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ktschmit

I had this sysem for about a year now. Last week the monitor froze and when rebooted, it would not post anymore.(no video) :mad:
I tried everything - clear cmos, swap video card, ram, cpu, psu, etc, etc. Still same thing. It gives steady beeps when I pull the ram out but none when trying to post normally. It has run fine all this time oc'ed but quit with no warning. I haven't seen any threads in this forum on dead abits.
Not sure what mobo to buy to replace it yet :confused: Any recomendations? Thanks in advance

Pretty sure. I tried this cpu on it, which is a P4 2.53@533 fsb, running here now and same ol thing. I do not have another 800 fsb board to check the 3.0 on but will this week @ my friends house. I'm pretty sure it's the board tho

Last edited:
RMA ! I RMA'd mine at about 1 year. Got a replacement fairly quickly. You just need to start the RMA process and follow through.

If I had to buy another board today, assuming all the other hardware was the same, I would buy another Abit IC7-G.

rek :)

I think I voided my warranty by oc'ing this thing but it is a good thought. lol I'm torn now between abit and asus. I've built both and have had problems just now with abit. I really loved this board and would be an easy choice if i knew this wouldn't happen again.

ok I made my choice and ordered another IC7-G
maybe if I keep it clocked lower or get better cooling and it'll last longer

I rma'd an IC7 I bought used about a month ago. I was up front with them and they issued the rma. Cost me $38 and the replacement works great...

m

I really don't mind paying the price for ocing. I really thought the northwood would die before the mobo would. Anyway, it was a learning curve. Next board is getting better cooling.

Ok, I got the new IC7-G in and running now - remounted the cpu & heat sink with Arctic Silver 5 this time. Started out running hot but is settling in now to 33c idle. :)

Back