• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Probe question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pineabs

i know that the prob is not accurate, and it read higher then abit's probe. but mine seems weird. it reads 25c for cpu tem but 31 for MB temp. i have a xp-90 and an enermax fan at half speed. and oced p4 2.6c at 3.4. i was wondering if u guys all ahve mobo higher the cpu or is mine jus messed up.

Here is a shot of mine taken after installing prime95 & pc being on all day.How is the airflow in your case?What is your intake & exhaust like?I added a second intake fan and used my unused floppy bays (two) as a intake port.If you want to see what else I did check out the thread on chimney/duct & let me know what you think.You might also think about making a duct for your graphic's card ,so that it has it's own intake & exhaust.Good luck :D

Attachments

• ScreenShot005.jpg
    ScreenShot005.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 210
Temp Probe accuracy

I was running the Asus software temp probe with CPU And case temp's showing. I installed an external Lian Li temp setup with the flat temp sensors. I put one one the GPU and one on the CPU. I was within ONE (1) degree of each other, the Lian Li and the Asus. I would trust that.
just my experience.

ionno if ASUS Probe is wrong, or if the ASUS P4P800's WinBond sensor diodes are wrong... in my bios, i get like ~30 to start boot, and then in probe i got like 31... thats AFTER loading windows...

and if ASUS Probe reads 5-10°C low, then i have run my CPU at 79-82°C after 2 minutes of Prime... in probe, i let it up to 72°C after priming for minutes, and then i just shutdown prime...

be aware, this was BEFORE i applied AS5 to my CPU.. stock cooling, 7 case fans (4 intake in the front, 1 in the middle of the windowed side panel, and 2 exaust in the back... then the PSU exaust, the GPU fan, the CPU fan.. and i think thats it

make sure ur use the newer versions of asus probe, the older once are inaccurate :)

where are the new downloads??? I have the one off my ASUS CD and my mobo is P4P800 rev2.... i didn't see any on the ASUSTek website =P

It has nothing to do with the version of PC Probe that you are using. It's in your motherboard BIOS version and temperature sensor. I have recent experience with this, as I upgraded my BIOS and noticed a significant drop in temperature readings in PC Probe. Another member of this forum confirmed that the early BIOS versions of the A7V333 read the CPU temp too high. You need to do a search for your particular board and temperature-related issues. Only then will you find relevent information.

mines read 26c for cpu and 31 for mobo. weird. i have a 120mm blowing out, and a 92mm intake on the side for my gfx. xp-90 for a 92mm enermax. i don't know whats wrong with mine.

Back