• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stang8118

Ok i have my new system all set up. Everything (well except i believe the video card) is stable and i can run prime95 for hours. My system specs is in my sig along with what it's clocked at. I have run memtest for hours without any errors what so ever.

My problem is this, whenever i either try to OC my video card and test the settings or use the detect optimal speed it locks up my computer. If i play any 3d game or run any futuremark tests it locks up.]

I know this has to be the video card, but i just wanna get a few more responces from other people before i RMA this video card. Now i have a 6800 coming in the mail in a few days so i guess i can wait till then to figure out if my 6600gt is dead. I have tried atleast 8 differant drivers too. Omega, Nvidia, and forceware.

But does this definatly sound like a video card problem?

I've had problems with both my 6600gt agps, one I RMA the other one I need to figure out whats wrong with it. BTW try a more descriptive heading.

well i fixed the problem. I am not sure which fixed it but this is what i did....

1) Reseated the card
2) Change the molex from the PSU to its own (was sharing before with a 80mm case fan)

Well that got me from about 5 seconds of freezing my computer in 3dmark03 to about 25 seconds.

3) Upped my AGP voltage to 1.7v

That got me rock stable at 570/1100 and 8640 3dmark03 score :) !!

stang8118 said:
well i fixed the problem. I am not sure which fixed it but this is what i did....

2) Change the molex from the PSU to its own (was sharing before with a 80mm case fan)
You shared a molex connection with your fan, thats a no-no! make sure your card has its own Molex connection!

Blackmage said:
You shared a molex connection with your fan, thats a no-no! make sure your card has its own Molex connection!

lol yeah i know, but with the extra wire it made my case look messy hehe. So i didnt think it would hurt to share my vid card with a 80mm fan... boy was i wrong lol

Back