• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need new dvd-rom and dvd-rw

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andyl33t

i need a new dvd-rom and dvd-rw drives for my new computer. The drives have to be fast and the rw able to burn dual layer. What ones should i get? U.K links only plz.
Thanks

The Plextor 16X Double Layer DVD±RW Burner may be the best one out there right now and one of my friends has one and he can barely hear it when it is burning to a dvd. By the way, Switch out the 9200 SE for something a little more potent

-1cem4n

Correct, if you've got the money to spend, Plextor is one of the best optical drive makers, and have been for many years. I have Lite-on drives, and while they were cheap, are not the best or fastest. I'd check out one of the NEC drives. They combine performance and price for a good deal.

the 9200se is gonna be changed to a x800 pro. In the sig is my current setup, not the one i am gonna build :)

Back