• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Process Priority

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petteyg359

Likes Popcorn
Is there a way to make F@H run higher than 'low' priority? If I have a system that I want to run ONLY F@H on, is there a way I can change the priority to 'normal' or 'high'? When I'm off my computer, too, I'd like to be able to change the priority up, cause I'm frequently running BitTorrent and would like it not to take all proc time away from F@H. I've tried changing the priority of FAH_Core78.exe in the Processes window of task manager, but it says 'access denied'.

You can set the priority in your FAH client.cfg file. I've never adjusted it beyond "0", but I imagine it'll accomplish what you're looking to do.

Unless you're running something else, there is no point in adjusting the priority. It will still run at 100% cpu usage.

yeah. It will use any spare stuff bittoren is not. Though if bittorent is hogging all the CPU you could raise it by I geuss putting a 1 in the 0 spot.

I had similar problems with Azureus when it was new, what client are you using?

Perhaps there is an update to fix this? Or you could use a different client.
It should not need more than a few percent to run.

I seriously think all BT clients are horrible and take up too many resources. If i download a torrent overnight or for a few days while I'm away I come back and everything is sluggish and I need to restart. I've tried the official BT client, ABC, Bittornado, and azureus

Just change your bittorent client to 'idle'

Make sure you're logged in as admin/root to change your priority.

-Sam

Back