• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NB strap cpu as?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cornbread

My motherboard is the AI7.
In the bios there is a setting for "nb strap cpu as", choices are user defined or cpu. what are the best settings for this? If I don't overclcok should I leave it as is?

Thanks

Last edited:
For your setup, you could use default or set it to user defined of NB800 (or how ever it is worded). Even if you overclock either of these settings will be just fine. The other user defined settings let you manually tell your motherboard what kind of bus-speed processor you have. Default will set to nbstrap of 800 for your processor since you have an 800mhz P4.

Helsyeah said:
For your setup, you could use default or set it to user defined of NB800 (or how ever it is worded). Even if you overclock either of these settings will be just fine. The other user defined settings let you manually tell your motherboard what kind of bus-speed processor you have. Default will set to nbstrap of 800 for your processor since you have an 800mhz P4.

Thank you.

Back