• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sse3 and super pi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MikeyLikesItSI

I see that AMD just released a core that supposedly has sse3 support. I suppose that means now that they won't ***** and complain about super pi patch? now they got the support, so it will be "fair" in their book? pathetic.....

Everyone with an AMD A64 that got beat by a P-4 in Super Pi claims it's cheating.

But, I never use that "patch" because it's not really an official patch. It's a third party hack.

Did the patch work properly buy just letting Pi use the prescotts sse3?
If yes i dont see a problem.

jenko said:
Did the patch work properly buy just letting Pi use the prescotts sse3?
If yes i dont see a problem.

yes i believe thats exactly what the patch does.

i think alot of people will dispute its credibility due to the fact that its not an offical patch as batboy mentioned.

Saying the SSE3 Super Pi patch is a cheat in Intel's favor is like saying certain benchmarks aren't fair because AMD has an on-die memory controller, so we should throw a fudge factor into AMD benchmarks to make them slower and on-par with Intel's.

Just because one architecture has an advantage over the other in one area, doesn't mean you shouldn't make use of it.

I couldn't agree more. Nobody every cries that its unfair that amd has an on chip controller. Thats just the way it is, thats what makes AMD, AMD. But i just don't understand why they get envy on intel if they peak ahead with soemthing so simple....

i dont think anyone would complain about it if it were just an official patch put out. since it isnt people are going to complain.

even with it unpatched i can still beat out the majority of a64s i know of..... course im on phase change and still cant break 27 seconds though :beer:

Back