• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using a socket A fan on Socket 754?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The mounting system is so wildly different that it would be logistically impossible. Just take the fan off the Aero and screw it into the stock sink or antoher. However the physcail sink will not work

based on what i've seen, it may be possible to mod a socketA hsf onto an A64 socket, however it would need to be one which used to mounting holes around the cpu

subtotal said:
based on what i've seen, it may be possible to mod a socketA hsf onto an A64 socket, however it would need to be one which used to mounting holes around the cpu
You are correct.

I'm not sure how the Jet7 mounts, but an Aerocool DP-102 for instance, is easily modified to work on a socket754.

the jet 7 uses the really old style clipon, except it attaches to 3 barbs on either side of the socket instead of 1

But thanks for the idea about using a 754 heatsink, i can't believe i didn't think of that. It should work fine because the blower uses 80 fan mounting holes. Ill post some pics when i get it going.

I had a Thermaltake silent boost copper heatsink that I had on my socket a and my brother got a 754 so when I switched to H2o I gave him my heatsink and we just switched the mounting clip and it works fine.

i already looked at doing that, easy on my stock hsf on my 2800, but its impossible to get the clip off the Jet 7 without destroying its heatsink, which i want to keep for future projects, its a nice full copper heatsink. Im looking at making an adapter plate because the output hole on the Jet 7's blower is 60 x 60 mm, and theres a ~70 mm fan on my 2800's heatsink. I know thats a little bit of ineffiency, but oh well, it will still work better than my stock fan, plus it will look awesome. The blower and my case are a perfect match for each other

Back