• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What processor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It clearly states: "CPU Support: AMD Athlon/XP/Duron 400MHz FSB"
That means Athlon, AthlonXP, Sempron, Duron, any anything that is Socket A based.

The Coolest said:
It clearly states: "CPU Support: AMD Athlon/XP/Duron 400MHz FSB"
That means Athlon, AthlonXP, Sempron, Duron, any anything that is Socket A based.

Well no kidding sherlock. However when you try and select that socket type from the left dropdown menu on newegg it isn't listed. Making me wonder where the typo is.

LoneWolf121188 said:
^^ umm, yeah it does. CPUs -> Advanced Search (Panel on the left) -> Interface -> socket A. No typo.

Yes however it is being marketed as a socket 462 not a Socket A and when the last thing I built was my duel opteron i didnt know that socket A and 462 were the same. All MOBO's i've bought have said socket A. So when you click on the drop down menu and all the sockets are listed there is no 462 listed.

BIOSTAR iDEQ Barebone System for Socket 462 AMD CPU, Model IDEQ 210VB BLACK

Come on folks, I don't think anyone should be belittled for something they didn't know. Hell, I don't know a lot of things that I probably should. I would hate to feel put down because I asked about something that most people knew. Sermon over. Now, I think I'll have a glass of that alter wine. LOL

Back