• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Venice=drooooollllll....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=Ambush=-

Holy hell we may be seeing 3Ghz on AIR soon with the Venice. Check out this thread from xtrem systems forum. THe venice is looking to be a realy winner here.

2800Mhz at 1.4V wow.....And mind you, he's using a stock FX-55 heatsink.

Need I remind you that the stock FX55 heatsink is basically an XP90 (and it has heatpipes) ;)

He also has a 3800+ which are heavily binned. Abeit its a good sign...i wouldnt get your hopes up. Its below what IBM said would be, so on that end Im not impressed.

The boost was not 20%..it was more like 5

||Console|| said:
There is a big thread about this allready

Bah. Just did a visual search, must of missed it. (Hey last night was St. Patty's day :p)

Need I remind you that the stock FX55 heatsink is basically an XP90 (and it has heatpipes)

True. But imagine what a good steeping could produce, for all we know this chip might be average.

Sentential said:
The boost was not 20%..it was more like 5

You also have to remember that this is based on 1 ES Vinnie right now...this could go up...

Also a 5% increase is nothing to sneeze about when it comes to A64's...thats 5% over stock...and with a good stepping and OC...this could well be past 20%

Also take into account that the 3800 is 2.4Ghz...which would only be a 600Mhz OC...so really any good stepping at 2.4Ghz should hit 3G on air...

it's pretty irrelevant no matter what speed he gets until we get regular retail
cores to test.....still interesting and a good read all the same.

please refer all further posts to other thread, where you woulda read that he got a 3gig suicide shot on air BEFORE HE PUT IT ON HIS PROMMY!!!!

everyone loves Venice, but we have yet to see a large sample of them overclocked and its likley the 3000+ and 3200+ may not get such high clocks like his 3800+ did. also it may not work right in most of todays nf3 and nf4 mobos. Is it worth upgrading both your winny and mobo for another 200MHz extra clocks that the venice would deliver? not for me

You need to update your rhetoric OC550. Even the inquirer is backing off that nonsense about current nvidia boards not being compatible w/ venice. Even the sensationalist rag that we know as the inquirer is now claiming that boards will work w/ a bios update. After months & months of hearing you proclaim venice as the second coming of gawd almighty you're now so pessamistic about this chip's future?

The guy hit 15k mips w/ a phase change cooled [email protected]. I think this chip is going to be for real. It looks like the cold bug is history, the processor has a higher IPC than winchester, & the memory controllers are more robust.

Overclocker550 said:
also it may not work right in most of todays nf3 and nf4 mobos.

Untrue. Venice will work with these motherboards fine. The initial rumor was started by the INQ. Figures... :rolleyes:

However, they have also followed up on this and reported it untrue. If anything you MAY need a BIOS flash, but that would be the most severe upgrading that would be required to make a Venice a possibility (considering you have a 939 system built already of course ;) ).

Molester said:
please refer all further posts to other thread, where you woulda read that he got a 3gig suicide shot on air BEFORE HE PUT IT ON HIS PROMMY!!!!

Well duh :bang head...hence why I stated a good stepping should hit 3G on air...

And if you happen to notice...I have been a XS member since July 2002 and have been following the original XS thread about 5 minutes after it was posted...

This is just the perfect post to PO someone...like me
devilfinger.gif

I think you took, Molester's post too personally. Chill out. Yours is just the perfect post to PO someone like me. Let's keep the ego in check. We're only talking about overclocking CPUs.

Back