• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Typical OC for a 3500+ NC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

I was looking around here and over at XS, and I noticed that a lot of ppl were saying things along the lines of "the 3500 NC will top out at 2.6GHz". However, I am at 2651 MHz and can go A LOT higher, but not stablely (is that a word? :D ). I do have a NC and not a clawhammer, but...

Not that I'm complaining ( :D ), but my OC seems kinda high, or at least fairly atypical. Just curious.

Mine will not go past 2550Mhz, no matter what. If your 2650 is stable for gaming and all uses, consider yourself lucky that you got a good chip. What week ya got?

Are you talking abou the FX-55 rejects...i have seen most of those cloked to 2.8....on air...but i think that thos are CAA-- somthing chips...

Dukemurmur said:
Are you talking abou the FX-55 rejects...i have seen most of those cloked to 2.8....on air...but i think that thos are CAA-- somthing chips...

I think he is talking about plain ol NCs, not the super half-FX ones. Almost all NCs I have seen max out 2500-2600Mhz. I also find my chip is unresponsive to voltage for some reason. It does 2555 @ 1.525v but will not do 1 more Mhz when I add up to 1.7 vcore.

Then it may be something other than your CPU it may be your ram...also make sure that your cooling is able to handle it...as the hotter it runs in general the more unstable it is...

yep, plain old NC over here. the FX-55 rejects are actaully clawhammer cores.

funny, I'm just on air and can top out higher than most other NCs...anyone else have a 0431?

I can drop it down to 1.1875 vcore in the BIOS (1.2 vcore from CPU-Z) at stock speeds. No POST at 1.175.

I can get 2.4 without any voltage increase. And 2.6 with a 1.6v setting. Thats it. Anything over this just will not run. This is with the multiplier set to 10 and the fsb to 260. I am new to AMD systems and to oc'ing. I have had to deal with a Dell 4550 maxed out as far as I could get it for gaming. It isn't a bad rig for gaming with the componets upgraded, but this AMD 64 3500 Winchester and Corsair TWINX1024-4400C25PT with an X800XT PE smokes it big time. HEHEHE

Back