• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZipZoomFly Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dark_15

Drunken Master JNCIE Senior
Here's my story:

At work, I landed a server proposal and started to make preperations to order the new machine. I laid out an Excel Spreadsheet with precise orders on what to buy. The person that ordered it (and cuts the checks, btw) accidentally ordered the wrong hard drive from ZipZoomFly:

Wrong Drive - 68 pin SCSI

He was supposed to order this:

Correct drive - 80 pin SCSI

I called up customer service to see if I could get an exchange for the correct drives. The representative refused, stating the policy on the drive was no refunds. I explained to her I didn't want a refund, but an exchange for the correct drives. She again stated it was against policy. I asked her if there were any other options, and she said no.

I know it was my fault that I didn't double-check the order, but is there any way that I can get the correct drives?

dark_15 said:
I explained to her I didn't want a refund, but an exchange for the correct drives. She again stated it was against policy. I asked her if there were any other options, and she said no.

I know it was my fault that I didn't double-check the order, but is there any way that I can get the correct drives?

I would call back and ask for supervisor, sounds to me like she was being a arse.

Heres ZZFs policy on returns exchanges. I doen't seem to say anything about that so I would print that out and call back and if she gives you crap read that to her.

Looked abit more closely and it says this
ZipZoomFly will not honor requests for exchanges under any circumstances

so I guess you probably can't exchange the drive unless its defective.

Crap... looks like I'm out of luck then... :bang head

Although it's kind of odd how the 68-pin drive does not allow refunds, but the 80-pin drive does... any reason why?

I may have been a special order item, that's why it says no exchanges or refunds. This is common policy for all stores I know of. I would still try to contact the supervisor and see if you can work it out. Good luck.

You may just need to talk to the right person.

At work an SATA drive was ordered instead of an IDE, and newegg agreed to waive the restocking fee on the SATA drive as long as we placed the order for the IDE equivalent.

So try and get to a supervisor, and imply how it effects future orders with them.

Back