• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Portable F@H on thumb drive.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steveo989

Not officially involved with AAR
Cure for cancer on a portable Thumb drive? I have three computer classes and was wondering if the Wu's would restart or something? I could easilly get 20 Wu's off them. So is the 128mb Thumb drive worth it

you mean sneaker netting? sure thing. Just get a bunch of work units downloaded, give one to each machine, come back later when done, get finished wu's, send them off on a machine connected to the net, take back fresh wu's to hungry machines.

I mean have the work and the program on the thumb drive. The computers have novell and nothing can be downloaded, not even into student files. All the computers use WIN xp.

What exactly are you planning to do? Use the thumbdrive to install folding on each or have the f@h folder on the thumbdrive and run it off of the thumbdrive?

It depends.

QMD work units I've seen taking 500-700mb's of space (on the hard drive).

128 MB is majorly pushing it for any BP work unit.

I'd say 256 for BP without -advmethods.
1gb for BP with -advmethods.

-Sam

Back