• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Safe to say a RMA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jack222

Ok. Well my rig has been screwing up. I think the 3rd pci slot isnt working and all of a sudden the agp/pci lock isnt on and nothing was changed. It isnt going to well. Shouldi just RMA it?

Have you overclocked at all? If you tried overclocking then no. Most likely you will just get flamed if that's the case. Which it sounds like you tried to overclock without locking the pci slots and you fried one or two.

dont be chained by the overclockers society moral concept " no rma if you overclocked it/broke it yourself during overclocking."

tho id have to agree with them that if you broke it yourself you morally shouldnt rma it. but i also think that if you broke it and rma'ed it and they replaced it. then they obviously are making money operating business in that fashion and everyone is happy.

rma that badboy. they are meant to be overclocked, and you dont know if it was you who broke it or if it was a faulty board.

so reset all settings to default in the bios and rma it if you still have it under warrenty.

Cerberus2k7 said:
Have you overclocked at all? If you tried overclocking then no. Most likely you will just get flamed if that's the case. Which it sounds like you tried to overclock without locking the pci slots and you fried one or two.

Are you sure that you can fry the pci slots from the bus not being locked?

I just thought that it created instability in the system.

Back