• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

QMD Cores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

The last time my personal rig, and not some hold over backup rig was folding, QMD cores were not out yet. I'm curious as to if my TPF are right. Right now i am getting about 15:09 per frame on a p1912 ALA-dipeptide umb2. Is that normal should it be faster?

Sig rig #1 is popping out p1910s @ a rate of 10:31/frame, 616ppd, 154ppd/GHz. Your's is putting out 142ppd/GHz which is about right considering memory latencies and FSB. Tracking these QWUs is a bit tricky because the frame time is quite variable. My number is a snapshot not an average so it may be a bit high, yours could be a bit low. One thing for sure is you can't trust what EMIII says the frame time is on a QWU, you have to look in the log.

From the rig in my sig, I've seen them down to 13:something and up to 15:something. For some reason I remember them lower, but maybe that was a different QMD and i got tired of looking at the logs ;)

P4cs should fold one instance of p191x at a rate of around 143-150ppd/GHz. P4es should be in the 155-160ppd/GHz. If you get a p1900 or p1901 frame times will be much lower but points are lower too.

ChasR said:
P4cs should fold one instance of p191x at a rate of around 143-150ppd/GHz. P4es should be in the 155-160ppd/GHz. If you get a p1900 or p1901 frame times will be much lower but points are lower too.

Will a P4 2.0a @ 2.8 get qmd's and will it run them worth a fud. Cause all mine gettins is tinkers and gromacs.

psyshack said:
Will a P4 2.0a @ 2.8 get qmd's and will it run them worth a fud. Cause all mine gettins is tinkers and gromacs.

I've got a P4a 1.5 @ stock turning out 200ppd on QMDs. Turn on bigpackets and -advmethods. You must have 512MB of ram. If you have integrated graphics, you'll have to share as little system ram as possible with the video subsystem. You ought to get 375ppd folding QMDs on your rig.

ChasR said:
I've got a P4a 1.5 @ stock turning out 200ppd on QMDs. Turn on bigpackets and -advmethods. You must have 512MB of ram. If you have integrated graphics, you'll have to share as little system ram as possible with the video subsystem. You ought to get 375ppd folding QMDs on your rig.

Ok only 256 in that machine. More ram... lolololol thanks

Yeah, you can buy ram for cheap right now.

When I get my RMA'd VX back I think I'll throw it into my IC7-G machine so I can comfortably run QMD's on it.

Ok add'ed a 256 stick for 512. Got a QMD 1295,, 450 pointer I thinks. Took 328 meg of ram and went to work. Its been running about a hour now and EMIII hasnt reported a thing. Look in log and its getting work done and progressing. Does EMIII not like QMDs?

EMIII is weird with the qmds have the time its telling me its taking 2hrs per fram, when in reality its taken 22min per frame (running two clients, with one I get about 13-15min)

dicecca112 said:
EMIII is weird with the qmds have the time its telling me its taking 2hrs per fram, when in reality its taken 22min per frame (running two clients, with one I get about 13-15min)

No kidding. It just posted at 4 of 100 with like a 4min per frame time. Then hit 100% and got confused. Now status unknown. Dont really care about the times and such. Just a tool to tell if machines are still folding. Now time per frame problem. lmao. Maybe it will sort itself out.

EMIII is soooo confused LMAO!!!

preconvergence times are virtually untrackable. Usually convergence occurs by frame 7. After that time, frame times are pretty uniform on a decicated machine. The QMDs are p19xx.

muddocktor said:
Yeah, you can buy ram for cheap right now.

When I get my RMA'd VX back I think I'll throw it into my IC7-G machine so I can comfortably run QMD's on it.

Muddoc,
I bought some VX for my IC7-Max3 and found the motherboard won't supply adequate stable vdimm to get latency below 2.5-3-3-6. It's a known issue with the IC7 (but one I forgot when I ordered the VX).

TCCD ram may not go as high and tight as VX but at least it's close and vdimm is very reasonable to hit its max bandwidth.

Back