• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 1st try at overclocking am i doing it right

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mojoicus

Registered
Right my system is
Asus AV8 deluxe non wi fi rev 2.0
Athlon 64 3000
Crucial 9700 pro (soon to be upgraded)
Crucial 3200 ddr 400(think thats right)

Right these are the settings in bios(ver1010)
memory config (auto)
HT frequency 1000mhz
cpu fsb frequency 245
cpu multiplier 9.0
cpu voltage 1.550
agp/pci frequency 66.66/33.33
ddr voltage 2.8
agp voltage 1.5
v-link voltage 2.5
cpu temperature 40 degrees(water cooled)
heres a few pics from cpu-z and clockgen

Now the system has run stable with 3dmark 2005/2003
Pcmark 2004
So should i up the fsb up to 250 or stay nice and stable as it is running at 2200ish
If ive made any mistakes feel free to tell me or ask away
Mojo

How about some benchmarks there, instead of screenies. Everyone are allergic to screenies on this forum. So it's best to have a 32M SuperPI run there with the screenie :p :welcome:

mmm not sure what you mean (32M SuperPI)
but i am new and thx for the welcome :)

3d mark 2005 2049
3d mark 2003 5500 ish cant remember exact score
anything else needed

To test stability you have to run prime95 or superpi. Google them to find them. When you run them and they crash your system ins't stable. Run at least 12hours.

mojoicus said:
3d mark 2005 2049
3d mark 2003 5500 ish cant remember exact score
anything else needed

Welcome aboard to the ocforum. :welcome: Hope you enjoy your stay here and so far your doing a fine job tweaking your setup. Try to for more. :) You can download SuperPI and run 32M. That takes about 20min-30min to run depending on how fast your rig can crunch numbers. :santa:

Do you mind if you can provide some screenshots also on those 3D runs you've made just like what you did on your first post :p

Superpi is a program that computes Pi to some specific number of digits........ people compete to see how fast their computer can computer Pi to a certain number of digits.

Here's the link to it: LINK

Welcome to the forums :)

Also dont forget to fold for team32. In my opinion it's better for stability testing compare to prime95. :p

You're RAM is going to hold you back. Do you want the highest MHz or the fastest system?

You probably need to set your RAM timings at 3-4-4-11 and crank up the FSB as high as you can in about 5MHz steps and test for stability along the way. Have your DDR volts at max, as well as your CPU volts (since you're watercooled).

ill post back tomorrow with 3d mark pics and results and prime and pi
thx for the responses

Heres the pics and results not spectacular i know but i think im gonna stick with this for the time being till i get my x850

Plus in prime 95 it ran with no errors for 8 hrs is that good on the torture test

mojoicus said:
Heres the pics and results not spectacular i know but i think im gonna stick with this for the time being till i get my x850

Plus in prime 95 it ran with no errors for 8 hrs is that good on the torture test

Great stuff there, keep going :beer: and btw, you pictures are very small and hard to read the numbers. Lucky i got the auto zoom extension on firefox. You might want to fix it. :p

must be an image shack problem they were ok now they wont go large not sure what to do
Any ideas??

mojoicus said:
must be an image shack problem they were ok now they wont go large not sure what to do
Any ideas??
Ah!!It could be, I posted a thumbnail also just recently and it was doing the same thing like your image. :p

How are you managing your clocks a the moment?

Back