• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All right, yo, how do I install a DVI cable????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom10167

Apparently "plug it in" isn't enough.

I plugged it in to both ends and it just went black and did that "testing for cable" or whatever.

Odd, I push all of the buttons and it does nothing. So then I reinstall the Samsung Driver and instead of analog I click "digital." No.

So then I go in to my display properties and instead of 9700 pro, I did 9700 pro(secondary)

No.

How do I do this???

On some monitors, you can choose if you want the input from analog or DVI.

tom10167 said:
So then I reinstall the Samsung Driver and instead of analog I click "digital." No.

Were you on the analog when you did this?

And what LCD do you have?

I have the same monitor and am using DVI. I never used anolog, so im not exactly how to switch from one to the other, but here is what I would try:

Unistall the current driver (the analog driver)
Turn off computer and switch to the DVI cable
Turn on computer and install DVI driver. - If you dont see anything on the screen at this point, try pressing the button on the monitor which switches the input from analog to Digital.

Hope this helps.

What a waste of time effort and money and effort. I installed it, didn't notice a difference, played UT, no difference. I bought the openbox one for $40 at BestBuy.

DVI = complete waste of money, not worth a $5 cable.

Placebo effect to the maxxxxx.

Back