• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual channel activated?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

preago

I have no idea if my memory is running in dual channel. CPUz says single as does Everest and Sandra. Is there a setting in the bios I'm missing to activate this. I just installed the RAM a few days ago. I'm a newbie just trying to work my way through all this, so thanks for any help in advance.

Athlon64 3300+ {originally in an HP Pavilion a810n}
DFI Lanparty NF3 250gb
OCZ Gold Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR 400 Dual Channel (2-2-2-5 @200htt) bh5
Radeon x850xt
BIOS v6.00PG (05/04/05)

Check your Manual. You have to place the sticks in different slots to run dual channel if there are more than 2 slots. Usually the first and third slot. Or the second and fourth. As far as the BIOS there should be a setting where you set your ram timings. DFI guys... Little help... :attn:
Also :welcome: to the forums
Killa

Thanks man. I currently have them in slots 1&3, yet I've tried all configs, also I have reset my timings already and I haven't seen a dual channel setting in there. I heard somewhere that in the bootup it will indicate if dual channel is activated but I don't know how to access the screen that shows all that, I guess I don't have that activated either.

Whoops, I thought I read somewhere that it did support dual but after doing a little research I've discovered it does'nt. Oh well, thanks anyway :bang head

how comes an nforce 3 board doesnt do DC when nearly all nforce 2 boards did?

two steps forward, one step back.... :shrug:

Fridge said:
how comes an nforce 3 board doesnt do DC when nearly all nforce 2 boards did?

two steps forward, one step back.... :shrug:
this on this prarticular mobo, you using cpu for socket 754 that the reason they don't run dual channel. Board with with 939 socket and nf3 are running dual channel

Back