• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quad memory on dual motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uaeproz

Hello,

I'm new to this and I would appreciate the advice.

I recently bought 4x8GB corsair dominator platinum quad channel memory sticks.

But I wasn't aware about the mobo that it's a dual channel simply because I'm newbie to this.

The mobo is G1.sniper 5
With i7 4770k
Water cooled.

When I put all the sticks in, the PC keeps restarting and will not even post. It takes about 1-2 seconds then restart. I can't even access the bios.

When I put one stick only, it starts with no issue. I tried all the sticks individually, all of them are working but when I add more, the issue appears.

I changed the RAM voltage to 1.65 as rated and I also set the multiplier to 2400 frequency. I've even changes the timing to 10-12-12-31 as rated. It's the same. The PC keeps restarting.

I have updated the bios to F10. Nothing have changed.

What should I do? Please help. Also remember, I'm newbie.

Thanks.

Abdulla

Reset to bios defaults then put all,r sticks in. You may need to increase vccsa/system agent voltage to runs. 32gb that fast...

The number er channels is on the cpu, not the board. Just because you have 4 sticks doesn't make it quad channel. ;)

You could also move one stick to all 4 slots, to make sure that you don't have a bad one. Other than that, it's fairly normal to have to increase VCCSA/SAV for that many DIMMs.

Back