• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to make MSN use firefox instead of IE to open inbox?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sjaak

As the title says...when i click 'my inbox' in MSN it will open my hotmail inbox in a Internet Explorer window, however i want it to open in firefox - how can i do that?

Because MSN Messenger is made by Microsoft, that feature is embedded into the code and there is no "normal" way of doing what you are wanting. However, if you will download www.msgplus.net (Messenger Plus) it will give you that feature plus a ton of others. As a side note, most scanners will detect Messenger Plus as spyware, but it is not, it is mainly because it is going around some Microsoft code.

sweet it works for me too

but one question, is there a way to set it up to open a new window? Instead of using an existing one?

its a real pain to want to check your mail, and it uses your current window of the OC forums, to log into hotmail...a real pain.

and if i have to open up a new window, i might as well just tpye the url in, because thats the whole point of having this thing to begin with.

Zulu-1 said:
good info.. btw sjaak.. nice avatar.. that comic rocks ;)
i was going to put chef brian as my avatar, but i decided to put SCTV on :p

my eyes...they have been replaced with...MUFFINS!!1!1!

/TJ ;)

I don't know about the 'new window' issue, some apps do it, some don't and sometimes it drives me crazy,

Ok, to get a new window to open up, in FireFox go to Tools - Options - Advanced. There will be a subheading of "Tabbed browsing" underneath that will be the option of "Open links from other applications in" and select 'new window'.

Back