• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech Mouse losing it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tenchi86

Ok well I have had this Logitech Cordless Desktop LX 700 for a few months now and all has been going good until recently. I am ok well I was cleaning with some compressed air and notced a hair in the mouse where the laser is it. SO I sprayed some air in there. About a day after that I noticed my mouse not working as well. It seems a little more slugish but mainly its signal is weaker. I used to be able to have the reciver a few feet away on top of the desk and the mouse under and it worked fine. Now they have to be pretty close to work. Even then it seems slow. The battery is fine since its rechargable the light tells you when its bad. I've checked the wires and all seem pretty secure. I've also installed the drivers. Any ideas as to whats going on?

Edit:Also yes I can turn pointerspeed up but that dosnt help the fact that when i click it does nothing.

Last edited:
how long have you had them?

because even though the batteries are rechargeable they can still and will die eventually, i learned this the hard way when i used to race r/c cars. my rechargeable pack would die after racing my gas car alot and you dont really want a dead batter on a gas r/c going 60 i.e. no brakes or stearing. lol

I know they wear down but wouldnt the light come on telling me they are low.With something like a laptop battiers may last like a year or so and start to not hold juice for as long but it still it able to moniter the lvls just fine.

Rechargeable batteries are limited to like 1000 charges or something. After each charge the capacity of the battery decreases over time. The light may not show it becasue it reads the battery as full, but the overall capacity is low. OR, you might've sprayed something wrong into the lighthole, sometimes the condesation of the air or pressure isn't right and you messed it up. Try the warranty return or buy a new one.

Back