• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance PC2-650 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xenithon

Hi Guys,

I am getting a new case for my PC. I can go air-cooled, but I wanted to perhaps take a first step into water. If this were the case, a simple all-in-one system is my best option (with the limited availability here in South Africa, and importing NOT an option).

I had a query regarding the Koolance PC2-650 case. I can get it at a very good price, with the CPU block and GPU block. Since these are the two major heat-generating components, do I still need case fans? If so, how many would I need? I am aiming for minimum noise. Bear in mind that I do NOT overclock.

Thanks,
X

If you have not allready, have a look at Silentpcreview.com they might be of more help, but we would like to think were a fairly welcoming community of overclocking enthusiasts, and we can help regardless - :welcome:

many of us would likely reccomend doing your homeowork and building the W/C system yourself from components off the shelf.

the so called "systems" and "watercooled cases" are usually on par with high -end air cooling, _but_ alot more expensive than if you assembled the components to suit your self. more options as well..

i bet for the price of a watercooled system you might be able to get your hands on a thermalright XP-120 and an Antec P-180... seems like a good place to start for a quiet rig. a lil' pricey though...

Edit: cant speak to parts availibility in south africa, that might be tricky at best.

Last edited:
Back