• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techun

The computer in my sig is ready, and turns on and such, but im not getting any signal with my pci video card. Do i need a pci-e card to get into the bios.. :bang head
fast answered wanted

well then what did i do wrong..it's on, all fans running, just no picture going through

Well you may have a problem with your video out slot, or just a problematic video card in general.

Try testing it at a friends computer and if that's not the problem than I have no idea whats wrong.

the video card was just pulled from my other computer

im not using pci-e..and i've moved the pci card to each slot

Does this motherboard have onboard video? If so pull out the pci card and boot off of the onboard video, go into the bios and look for the video settings under chipset settings.
Change the video option to pci instead of agp or onboard. If you dont have onboard video, try to find an agp or pci-e video card to do the above actions. I've seen some newer boards that dont support pci video cards as of late, and i dont know why.

im hoping i dont need a pci-e card..i can borrow my friend's 6800gt..but if i break it...!! and if i were to reset the cmos..i'd need it again. If i had a system speaker as well..:(

edit-tried other ram, same thing

Last edited:
i still need help, dont let this thread die
i went to my friend's house, tried his fortron bluestorm, and 6800gt, same thing
Bad ram? bad mobo? bad cpu?
unfortunatly he wouldnt let me try my cpu in his system

Make sure all the power connectors are plugged in, make sure your 24pin atx connector is plugged in, Pull out the plug for the power supply, Clear/Reset CMOS, wait a minute, Restore the Cmos Jumper, Plug in PSU, turn on PSU Switch, Turn it on, Make sure your monitor is plugged in properly..Can i get a list of your whole setup

ive done everything you've said
asus a8n-e
3200 amd
512 twinmos
350 watt (still didnt work with my friend's bluestorm)

people..so many useless threads are being answered, but mine for once is about a serious problem, and noone wants to help?! I REALLY need to get this machine up and going

Relax bro, just because were not replying doesnt mean were not thinking about it. Just for giggles pull out your processor and check all of the pins, then reseat it. Sometimes that is all that is needed. And you really need to test the cpu in another system to rule it out. And are you sure all power connections are correct?

pins are good, reseated maybe half a dozen times, power is fine,...really ****ing me off.
When it's running the chipset hsf gets pretty hot

Back