• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECS boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZeroWing29

I keep hearing they are associated with PC Chips so that is bad

Are they any good? only people who have owned the k7s5a plz

thx

I am Extremely happy with my ecs k7s5a..

Do a search for ECS K7S5A in the forum and you'll find a few threads with more details.

so much infact I bought 2 more just the other day...one to upgrade my secondary system and the other may be the basis of the system I build for my church's projector PC. I still haven't heard what my budget is nor whether they prefer an AMD or Intel system. If they go intel i'll use the extra board to either build my sister a christmas PC or build myself a 3rd F@H system to attach to my LAN...

If your looking to overclock it though you'll most likely be disappointed as it doesn't support squat(officially that is)
Have to get the hacked BIOS from ocworkbench's ECS forum to get additional FSB options and in order to get vcore and multiplier options you have to do a rather difficult solder/dipswitch MOD.

THE BEST VALUE/PERFORMANCE BOARD OUT THERE!!!

best overclockable/value is the epox 8kha

There will eventually be better O/Cable SIS735 due for release, but I think they are going to get to market to late to make much of an impact since the KT266A is out and already has a couple OUTSTANDING boards released to market(epox 8kha+ ,shuttle ak31a, msi something PRO,and some gigabyte board.

Last edited:
ECS is the world's second largest mainboard manufacturer. I'm very happy with my ECS K7S5A.

I'd never buy a Houston, Alton, Amptron or PC Chips mainboard. They are all made by one outfit--PC Chips.

I can't speak for the specific board in question but I do own the dual P3 ECS D6VAA so I feel I can speak on behalf of their quality.

Excellent board and considering the price...extraordinary.

My Abit VP6 was $135 and my D6VAA was $58. Performance is nearly identical although the DCVAA didn't have RAID onboard with my version.

I almost did buy one of the K7S5A for a budget AMD system for SETI recently simply because I respect ECS's quality at the price. Bought the two P3 1GHz to top off my two dual systems instead, though.

No ECS is not part of PCchips and yes the K7S5A for the money cannot be beat with a bat...and for 70.00 not even Hammer can touch that :D

Back