• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ANYBODY with a STACKER and SUNBEAM! HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whozyodaddy

How the hell do you install the Sunbeam Rheobus on the CM Stacker? I've tried the plates and screwing it in with screws, no go. Please help. Thanks.

Once you get the screws started on one side- like 2-3 threads- move to the other side. Then alternate back and forth until it's tight. Or, do it my way. Strongarm the sumbitch and it slides right in.

Last edited:
Well, are you talking about the sunbeam? It's half as long as an usual 5 1/4" drive, so the rackets the case provides are useless. I still don't know how to get this thing in.

When I had a case with what I believe are similar mounting pieces and my Vantec Nexus, I was going to cut two strips of metal (or anything.. popsicle stick?) and glue or screw or attach however the strip down to where the screws would need to be..

Then drill a hole where the hole you need would be, and mount like normal... might not be the most super sturdy method, but at least it gets it in there...

Although the Nexus may be too different (but I dont think so) or the case might not mount in the same way (possible)

Does the CM Stacker have the drive bays where you must punch out a piece to slide a drive through? If so, does it have a piece that you can fold back to make a shelf? If so, maybe some double sided tape sticking the SunBeam down onto that shelf?

whozyodaddy said:
Well, are you talking about the sunbeam? It's half as long as an usual 5 1/4" drive, so the rackets the case provides are useless. I still don't know how to get this thing in.
Talk to a guy named Cetool. He has that in his setup.

I also forgot- don't use the drive rails. Just put the screws in it. You'll see when you get down at eye level with the thing. Also, mod the LED's in the damn thing. They're entirely too bright.

I have one installed in my Stacker. Use the plastic rail, and then put a screw on each side.

IMG_2486.jpg

IMG_2487.jpg

This is two days in a row I have torn apart my Stacker to take pictures. I hope I at least get a thank you in this thread. :shrug:

Back